Autism FAQ

How do I know my child has autism?

If you think you or your child might have an ASD or you think there could be a problem with the way your child plays, learns, speaks, or acts, contact Autism Tennessee for a referral to a specialist who can do an in-depth evaluation of your child. Specialists who can do an in-depth evaluation and make a diagnosis include:

  • Developmental Pediatricians (doctors who have special training in child development and children with special needs)
  • Child Neurologists (doctors who work on the brain, spine, and nerves)
  • Child Psychologists or Psychiatrists (doctors who know about the human mind)

Research shows that early intervention services can greatly improve a child’s development. In order to make sure your child reaches his or her full potential, it is very important to get help for an ASD as soon as possible.

I am adult who suspects he has autism, what should I do?

Adults with autism are a growing segment of our society. Autism frequently goes undiagnosed or misdiagnosed. Adults, if you suspect you may be on the Autism spectrum, it’s never too late to get the help you need. We are here to inform and equip you with the tools you need.

All the information above is from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Rd. Atlanta, GA 30333,

Contact Us

P: (615) 385-2077
F: (615) 383-1176
T: (866) 508-4987
955 Woodland Street
Nashville, TN 37206
Office Hours: Mon-Thurs 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
(Open Late Tuesday 10:00 am - 5:00 pm)
Additional hours available by appointment.

Newsletter Sign Up!

Don’t be shy! Sign up to receive our email newsletter and stay connected to what is going on in the Middle Tennessee autism community.