Executive AssistantReports to
Founder & Executive Director
Overview of The Role The Executive Assistant to the Founder and Executive Director is responsible for making the Founder and Executive Director’s days run smoothly and efficiently. They will be a second brain for the Founder and Executive Director, ensuring her time is well spent, meetings are scheduled promptly, correspondence responded to in a timely way, and the executive office is running efficiently and effectively. The Executive Assistant to the Founder and Executive Director will work collaboratively with all departments at Illuminate Academy, as well as external stakeholders, and ensure the Founder and Executive Director’s relationships and contacts are stored and tracked in internal databases. We’re not looking for a secretary but a true partner to the Founder and Executive Director who can ensure that every minute of her day is best spent to ensure Illuminate Academy is the best it can be.
JOB DESCRIPTION Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Who You Are
• Organized. You can keep track of 100 different things at once. It’s no big deal for you to manage the Founder and Executive Director’s to-do list while responding to tons of emails, hallway conversations, and answering calls.
• People person. As one of the main public faces for the Founder and Executive Director, you are always friendly and kind and professional. You love working with people, including your amazing colleagues, and adore collaboration.
• Attentive to detail. You sweat the small stuff. You always double-check spellings of names, exact addresses, and times of meetings.
• Clear communicator. You are direct and concise. You speak and write eloquently, whether over the phone, in person, via e-mail and snail mail, or on social media channels.
• Trustworthy. You handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
• Innovative. You look at the way things are and then imagine 20 ways they can be improved. You’re always thinking about ways the executive office and leadership team can be run more effectively.
• Results-focused. You set clear timelines and drive projects to completion. You move with a sense of urgency and know how to get things done.
• Passionate. You care about children with Autism and developmental disabilities.. You want to come to work and feel inspired every day. You want to change the world.
What You’ll Do
• Assist the Founder & Executive Director and members of the leadership team with information-gathering, communication with different parties, developing and monitoring plans, and keeping track of responsibilities as well as running errands, making deposits, setting up events, or traveling with Executive Director to support duties at off-site
• Write proposals, first drafts for our Founder and Executive Director or others as needed, including summarizing memos and concise lists.
• Make travel arrangements and provide materials for meetings, as needed.
• Prepare and manage logistics for tours and key meetings both internal and external.
• Prepare for and follow up on internal and external meetings. When needed, participate directly in meetings and following up with the relevant parties.
• Conduct research as needed.
• Constantly think of ways the Founder and Executive Director’s days can run more smoothly by implementing new ways to make things work better.
1. Attention to Detail 2. Maintaining Confidentiality and Privacy 3. Organization 4. Ethical Conduct 5. Time Management 6. Team Work
Work Environment: This job operates in a school type setting. The ability to work with noise and distractions is needed.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and stooping all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 20 pounds. Typing required for composing emails and writing reports.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: This is a full time position in an educational facility which is open 9.5 hours a day. Employee will work 10 months out of the year according academic calendar, with a potential to work summer months as well, from 8-4, Monday-Thursday with 1-2 Fridays a month. Overtime hours may be available.
AAP/EEO Statement: Illuminate Academy, Inc. is based on an inclusive philosophy that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, marital status, creed, sexual orientation, familial status, citizenship, veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected by law in its hiring procedures and policies.
Job posting_admin assistant-2 (2).pdf
Job Type: Full-time
Contact Information and Procedure:
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Crockett Goode1033 Burchwood AveNashville, TN 37216